Monday, June 21, 2010

ice cream

Alllll kinds too! Though I prefer it without nuts. But yep, just finished a bowl of mint chip. It was GOOOOOOD. 

Today I did a lot of stuff. This week is turning out to be a pretty good one!! :) Even though its only Monday. So yay. Anywho. 

This morning I woke up and went to the gym. Then, came home showered, and picked up my friend Louie. We went to a nearby elementary school and played frisbee (he's teaching me how to play better), played on the playground, and then we headed over to my (ex)highschool and played some tennis (I'm teaching him on this one). 

This reminds me - have I not mentioned tennis? Well, I LOVE tennis. And I think I'm pretty good. I mean, I was at least the best girl in my school this year. Yup, #1 girls singles, baby! I haven't played really at all since the season ended a month or so ago, but thats ok. It ended well. Today made me want to play more. But I'm all about the competition for me. No competition - no motivation. Theres no tennis team in Seattle, which I guess is good because I need to focus on school, and I would be a small fish in a large pond, but knowing I'll never play for a school again is tough. 

Oh, anyway, back to today. After I dropped my friend Louie off at his house, I went to the library and picked up some books to read.

I remember in middle school and right before highschool during the summer I would go to the library every few days and get like ten books. I would then read them all, and make another trip.  Today kind of reminded me of this. I miss it. If I always have books, I won't be bored. So I plan to read lots and lots of books this summer. I only got eight today, but it should still last me a few extra days because I'm pretty busy until next Monday.

Though that being said, I already have read two, and it wouldn't be hard to knock out two more each day (even with all my plans).

Today I also purchased some new music! I bought some Ben Folds (&Ben Folds Five) (I mentioned my new love of him last week, if I recall), a few songs by Train, and a few songs by Elton John. Who, by the way, I never realized sang so many of the songs he did until today! I feel ridiculously out of it. And lame. So, even though I never really 'liked' Elton John before, I can honestly say I'm a HUGE fan after realizing that he sang many of the songs that I love.

So yes, this was my day.

Onwards to tomorrow! Hope its another good one :)
Hungarian phrase: Actually, I've given up on this for now as my friend Louie today informed me my pronunciation is wrong. Not my fault, but the fault of the site. Phooey. When I find a better pronunciation/Hungarian phrase website, it will be continued.
Last book read: "Don't you forget about me" (its a Gossip Girl book) 
(I'm gonna switch last book/movie read/watched seeing as it doesn't change as often as it could. Whenever it changes, it will be posted, kay? :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment