Friday, June 11, 2010

coca cola

While in Mexico, I discovered one of the most beautiful drinks known to man. Coca-cola. But wait Amy? Isn't Coca-cola, like, known everywhere? How have you not had it before?

Uhhhhhh, course I've had it before. But you haven't HAD Coca-cola until you've had Coca-cola from Mexico. The cola from Mexico uses real sugar as opposed to corn syrup stuff (or whatever, I'm not a complete expert on this), and it tastes astronomically better.

Anywho, you can buy 24 packs from Costco of Coca-cola from Mexico. My mom bought some for my graduation party, and it pretty much made my life.

Moving on - I think today was possibly one of the most busy days of my summer break thus far. Which is pathetic considering what I did.

Today:
Breakfast
Drove my sister places
Gym
Lunch
Relaxxx
Bank
Target/Best Buy
Relaxxx
Dinnner
SaveMart
Relaxxx

Though the word 'relax' seems to be in there as much as ever, I really spent less time 'relaxing' than over the past few days.

But still! So sad! Like, really? This day is busy? Why isn't hanging out with friends on there.

Well, I'm not positive on this one, but I'm pretty sure its because Amy dislikes talking on the telephone and making plans. She may even fear rejection - though obviously if people already have plans its not her fault (unless they could have invited her and didn't? AGH).

But I guess going to the bank was pretty big - I got a debit card! And then signed up to get a credit card.

Oh but wait, doesn't one need to be 18 to get a credit card?

Eff, apparently so.

I had really hoped to be getting a pretty debit card. I've seen lots with cool designs and stuff, like tye dye...or a bear in the grass. But noooo, mine is just plain red. Granted, I'll be getting a permanent one in the mail soon with my actual name on it. Still though. Plain. Red.

I've taken up learning some Hungarian the past few days. Kinda. Just trying to get down some basic phrases before my trip.

I can successfully said 'no', 'where is', 'I don't speak Hungarian', 'false', 'how are you', 'yes', and 'hello'.

Nem, hol van, nem tudok magyarul, hais, hogy vagy, igen, szia (respectively)

I actually had to look a few of those up for spelling, cause I only remembered how to say them... the phrase I am most proud to have conquered is "I don't speak Hungarian". NEM TUDOK MAGYARUL. I bet I'll have forgotten it tomorrow morning. 

I think my biggest problem with the Hungarian language thus far is that I have Spanish pronunciation stuck in my head. Foreign language? Ope, my mind jumps to, "Ok Amy, when you read this, its just like reading Spanish!" Once I tried to help some friends with their studies for French, and um, why the eff isn't the letter 's' pronounced?

Ok welp (well), I also bought Sweet Home Alabama today, so I think I'm gonna go finish that one.

(I was gonna type good-bye in Hungarian here, but the word is far too long and complicated. I've tried it half a dozen times, and I still can't get it. Egh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment